Rug Size Guide
Some customers know what size rug they need when they come into our showroom. For those who don’t, we will help you choose an Oriental rug size. Whether your living room or any other room in your home, here are a few rules that can help you select the right size rug for whatever space you plan to decorate.
- Make sure there is at least 18 inches bare floor from each side of the rug.
- Never use the rug only for covering beneath the coffee table
- Keep in mind here is the coziest place in your home. Make its floor snug.
- The bigger rug shows your space more. So if you have a enough space, cover it up!
- Smaller place? Furniture along the wall? It’s the best situation for using two legs, less size, less cost and beautiful comfort zone.
The dining room is unlike any other room in your home, and you should be careful when choosing what rug to use to decorate it. You may select a large enough rug for all the furniture to sit on so when you pull out the chairs at your dining room set, the back legs of your dining room chairs are still sitting evenly on the rug.
If the rug is too small, when the chairs get pulled out, the back legs may go off the rug and they will be difficult to push back under the table or will hit against the edge of the rug and cause damage to it.
Rules for Living RoomsSome size guides recommend that either all the furniture rests on the rug, or all the furniture, except for the coffee table, is placed completely off the rug. This will look fine, but one exception is the placement of the sofa. In our opinion, the front legs of a sofa can rest on the rug while the rest of the sofa is off the rug.
- Make sure your rug lefts at least 8 inches bare floor from sides.
- Lighter rug make the hallway seems bigger
- Use easy to clean rug, flat types are recommended.
- Kitchen is a pretty dangerous and slippy place use the rug pads to make it safer.
Contact our Support and Sales team
Need to get in touch with the team? We’re all ears.